It’s on Google Play!… now what?
Objective: looking at where to go after finally getting the game on the Google play store.
If you read the last article you will know what I mean by finally. -Lets out a big sigh- It did take a while to get to this point but I wasn’t just sitting around while waiting for the approval of the Google Play store, I ended up adding in some extra features.
- Lives: Before if you died, that was it. Here I added in the ability to restart from a checkpoint 4 times.
- Checkpoints: I ended up making the game a lot bigger than it started out so checkpoints did seem like a good thing to add.
- Bigger level: In a bit, I will show you the difference between the smaller level compared to the bigger one. (Still in the works of making it look good)
- Added Controller support: This one did take a bit of time to work out all the different controls for the controller to be added but the game has almost full controller support, only thing I didn’t manage to work out was closing an ad after it’s finished.
- Started on new enemies: Since the level is a lot bigger I thought it would get a bit repetitive with just the 3 monsters so I started to make new sprites for new enemies. So far there is an Ogre 100% ready to be added in.
- Ability to pause the game: This one I added for those times when you have to take a break because of life but don’t want to put the game away just yet.
I kind of felt that if I was going to release a game to a store that I wouldn’t do a half-assed job and wanted to put in some extra effort into it.
1+2. Lives and Checkpoints.
3. Bigger Level.
As you can see, quite a bit of work has gone into it, making sure the player can get around the whole map, not having any see-through parts in the background, and at least a start on making it look good.
4. Controller Support.
This one would be a bit hard to show unless I took a video in real life but I can show you it in action for the shopkeeper.
Also added in being able to not buy more than 1 of each item, only slightly because if you end up buying 20 boots of flight, you kind of hit the roof all the time when you jump
5. New enemy Ogre:
6. Ability to pause the game:
And a little extra help to return to the checkpoint. Later I may put a time limit between uses but for now, you can use it whenever you like!
A lot of work has gone into making this game what it is today and there is still a bit of work to be done. If you want to try out the game for yourself Click here or search for Asealiea on the google play store. It is still being worked out to finish up the level and working towards a storyline to the game. So many things to do but so little time.
Next one we are moving into the world of 3D with a 3rd person shooter, maybe even with some zombies! See you in the next one!